RIDGE CENTRAL SCHOOL or RIDGE LAWN SCHOOL
10800 S. Lyman 5757 W. 105th Street
What is Kindergarten Pre-Registration?
Pre-Registration is the process District 127.5 begins in February to see how many students will be enrolled in kindergarten the following school year. This process allows the District to staff Kindergarten at an appropriate level.
Pre-registration is also a time when the District screens all incoming kindergarten students. Students will be screened via assessments to ensure the District meets the social, emotional, and academic needs of the students. Please note screening appointments will be made with all new students for later this spring. Current students will be screened in the Pre-K and Early Childhood classrooms.
Pre-Registration is only the first step to the enrollment process. All students will need to go through the registration process later this spring or summer.
Who Needs to Come to Pre-Registration?
Pre-Registration is for the parents of students who are new to CRSD 127.5. Parents of students currently enrolled in the District’s Pre-K Program at Ridge Lawn and Ridge Central or the Early Childhood Program at Ridge Central do not have to come in and pre-register. Current students will receive pre-registration materials from their home school.
When is Registration?
All students (including kindergarten students) will need to register for school. There are two opportunities to register for school. Early Registration will be held in the spring and only those children who have siblings currently enrolled in the District will be eligible. Standard Registration will be held in August for all new incoming students and current families that do not participate in Early Registration. Parents will need to pay fees and establish residency during registration (Early or Standard). Once all fees are paid and residency is established, a student will be enrolled.
Kindergarten Screening Information for New Students
1. Appointment for a kindergarten screening will be scheduled during Pre-Registration
2. Screenings will be held at Ridge Central and Ridge Lawn School in the spring.
3. Reminder letters will be sent out two weeks before screenings
4. After August Registration, final building assignments for kindergarten will be set and all parents will be notified.
5. Question or concerns call:
Megan Nothnagel, Principal - Ridge Central School - 708-636-2001
Fran Setaro, Principal - Ridge Lawn School -708-636-2002
What do Parents of New Students Need to Bring to Pre-Registration?
1. Your child’s birth certificate (original)
2. (3) forms of residency (see reverse side) that have matching addresses and names
SEE BELOW FOR RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
Proof of Residency Requirements
CATEGORY 1 (ONE REQUIRED)
- Most recent property Tax Bill
- Mortgage Statement (including payment book)
- Title/Title Insurance Policy
- Agreement of sale for a residential property located within the district’s geographic boundaries, signed by the seller and parent/guardian as buyer which recites a closing date within 60 calendar days after requested enrollment date.
- Signed and dated lease and proof of last 2 months’ payments
- Affidavit of Residency signed by landlord or person responsible for residence (which will also need to prove residency) and show rent receipts if available
CATEGORY II (ONE REQUIRED)
- Current Driver’s License
- Current State Identification Card(or any other official Identification provided with name and address)
- Other valid picture ID with current address
CATEGORY III (ONE REQUIRED)
- Current/Most Recent Gas Bill
- Current/Most Recent Electric Bill
- Current/Most Recent Phone Bill
- Current/Most Recent Cable Bill
- Current/Most Recent Insurance Policy (monthly only)
To obtain birth certificates for children, parents or guardians (legal proof of guardianship is required) must supply the following information: child’s full name, date and place of birth, mother’s maiden name and both parent names. (Fees vary)
Birth Certificates for children born anywhere in cook County may be obtained from:
County Clerk’s Office
Department of Vital Records
50 W. Washington St.
East Concourse Level
Chicago, IL 60602
(312-603-7790) 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
5th District Courthouse Building
10200 S. 76th Avenue
Bridgeview, IL 60455
(708-974-6150) 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday/8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday
16501 S. Kedzie Avenue
Markham, IL 60426
(708-232-4150) 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday/8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday
Birth certificates for children born within Illinois but outside Cook County may be obtained from:
Division of Vital Records
605 W. Jefferson
Springfield, IL 62702