Kindergarten Registration Information
In order to be eligible for Kindergarten, children must be five years old on or before September 1st of the school year.
All students (including kindergarten students) will need to register for school. Parents will need to pay fees and establish residency during registration. Once all fees are paid and residency is established, a student will be enrolled.
Kindergarten Screening Information for New Students
If you have questions about Kindergarten registration, feel free to contact the school principal for each building.
Megan Nothnagel, Principal - Ridge Central School - 708-636-2001
Fran Setaro, Principal - Ridge Lawn School -708-636-2002
What do Parents of New Students Need?
1. Your child’s birth certificate (original)
2. (3) forms of residency that have matching addresses and names
SEE BELOW FOR RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
Proof of Residency Requirements
CATEGORY 1 (ONE REQUIRED)
- Most recent property Tax Bill
- Mortgage Statement (including payment book)
- Title/Title Insurance Policy
- Agreement of sale for a residential property located within the district’s geographic boundaries, signed by the seller and parent/guardian as buyer which recites a closing date within 60 calendar days after requested enrollment date.
- Signed and dated lease and proof of last 2 months’ payments
- Affidavit of Residency signed by landlord or person responsible for residence (which will also need to prove residency) and show rent receipts if available
CATEGORY II (ONE REQUIRED)
- Current Driver’s License
- Current State Identification Card(or any other official Identification provided with name and address)
- Other valid picture ID with current address
CATEGORY III (ONE REQUIRED)
- Current/Most Recent Gas Bill
- Current/Most Recent Electric Bill
- Current/Most Recent Phone Bill
- Current/Most Recent Cable Bill
- Current/Most Recent Insurance Policy (monthly only)
To obtain birth certificates for children, parents or guardians (legal proof of guardianship is required) must supply the following information: child’s full name, date and place of birth, mother’s maiden name and both parent names. (Fees vary)
Birth Certificates for children born anywhere in cook County may be obtained from:
County Clerk’s Office
Department of Vital Records
50 W. Washington St.
East Concourse Level
Chicago, IL 60602
(312-603-7790) 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
5th District Courthouse Building
10200 S. 76th Avenue
Bridgeview, IL 60455
(708-974-6150) 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday/8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday
16501 S. Kedzie Avenue
Markham, IL 60426
(708-232-4150) 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday/8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday
Birth certificates for children born within Illinois but outside Cook County may be obtained from:
Division of Vital Records
605 W. Jefferson
Springfield, IL 62702